If you were unable to attend the August 28th meeting regarding TBX, here’s what you need to know:
- At a cost of $9 billion +, TBX will destroy irreplaceable community assets
- TBX places valuable transportation funding into just one project when our region needs multimodal solutions and transit.
- TBX introduces variable rate tolls that tax citizens who use them twice
- TBX will dramatically affect the city & county negatively. It destroys historic residences, buildings and businesses in Tampa’s urban core.
- It is NOT what residents have told planning official they want.
What you need to do:
- Send a message to Hillsborough County Commission, Metropolitan Planning & Florida Legislature by clicking here http://stoptbx.sunshinecitizens.org/join-the-fight/contact-officials/
- Sign the petition here : https://www.change.org/p/florida-department-of-transportation-fdot-cancel-plans-to-widen-i-275-through-the-city-of-tampa
- Come to the MPO meeting on August 4th at 5:30. 601 E Kennedy Blvd, 26th
- Join here: https://www.facebook.com/OSHNA
- Call Commissioner Les Millers office. Give them your name, let them know that you are a voter in Hillsborough County, tell them that you do not want the Tampa Bay Express included in the Transportation Improvement Program.